TAR (Friability / Abrasion tester)
The TAR series is a USP/EP/JP compliant ERWEKA unit for testing friability and/or abrasion. Programming is easily performed by the symbol style keypad. The rotation speed can be programmed between 20 and 100 rpm and test run duration can be set in either time or total number of revolutions. During the test run, the actual rotation speed and the remaining test run duration are shown on bright LED displays. For larger samples, the complete unit can be set to the USP/EP required 10° position by a standard switching leg.
To increase the ease of handling on the TAR series, the friability drums do not have to be removed and opened for loading and emptying. Instead the friability drums can be effortlessly filled and emptied through a special opening. On completion of a test run, the samples are automatically removed into a container located under the drums.
The optional USB interface allows you either to download the test parameters (time, actual/nominal speed) to a PC or receive a hardcopy print-out when an optional printer is connected.
Small, reliable device for friability and abrasion testing.
Friability or abrasion drums
The TAR series is compatible to our friability and abrasion drums (1 or 2 drums available).
20 to 100 revolutions per minute
Integrated timer for precise setting of run time
Order as needed.
- Friability drum, left (TAR 120/220)
- Friability drum with opening, left (TAR 120/220)
- Friability drum with opening, left, certified (TAR 120/220)
- Friability drum with opening, right (TAR 220)
- Friability drum with opening, right, certified (TAR 220)
- Abrasion drum, left (TAR 120/220)
- Abrasion drum, right (TAR 220)
- Qualification handbook
- Qualification tool-kit
- USB interface to connect a printer and/or data transfer to an external PC