Centrifuge 5427 R
The Centrifuge 5427 R was designed with high-throughput research applications in mind. With its aerosol-tight 48-place rotor it handles even the toughest challenges in a safe and reliable manner to provide you the efficiency boost you need. All aerosol-tight rotors, including the new rotors for Eppendorf Tubes® 5.0 mL as well as the 24 × 1.5/2.0 mL swing-bucket rotor are equipped with the Eppendorf QuickLock® lids for easy rotor lid opening and closing. Choose the Centrifuge 5427 R if a 24-place microcentrifuge (e.g. our Centrifuge 5424 R) doesn't meet your needs regarding tube capacity and if you don't need the extra versatility our cross-over Centrifuge 5430 R can offer you.
Eppendorf QuickLock® rotors
Our aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock rotors close with only 1/4 of a turn. This not only saves you time during every day use, it also takes repetitive stress off your wrist.
Soft-touch lid closure
Centrifuge 5427 R is equipped with a soft–-touch one-finger lid closure for ergonomic operation. Just lower the lid gently and it will lock automatically. No more pressing or slamming down the lid.
High–speed swing-bucket rotor for Eppendorf tubes
Our unique swing–bucket rotor for 24 x 1.5/2 mL tubes is ideal for gradient centrifugation or for a very compact pellet at the bottom of the tube. It provides speed up to 16,050 x g – sufficient for molecular applications. The rotor also comes with an aerosol–tight QuickLock rotor lid for ergonomic lid locking and safe centrifugation of hazardous samples such as bacteria.
- Rotor capacity: 48 × 1.5/2.0 mL, 12 × 5.0 mL; Eppendorf QuickLock® rotor allows for fast and ergonomic lid locking
- Max. speed: 25,000 × g (16,220 rpm)
- High capacity 48-place rotor significantly increases productivity to save you valuable time
- Whisper quiet operation due to optimized sound design
- Soft touch one-finger closure for ergonomic operation
- Temperature range from -11 °C to 40 °C
- FastTemp function for quick pre-cooling of the centrifuge, e.g., from ~ 23 °C to 4 °C in only 11 minutes
- ECO shut-off can be programmed to engage after 1, 2, 4 or 8 hours of non-use for maximum energy savings and extended compressor life
- Built-in condensation drain to eliminate water accumulation
- Automatic rotor recognition and imbalance detection for maximum operational safety