The Eppendorf PiezoXpert allows for piezo-assisted micromanipulation, enabling simple penetration of cells for microinjection or micromanipulation. Perforation of the cell membrane is supported by piezo impulses which are directly transferred to the capillary without any loss of intensity. Piezo-assisted micromanipulation improves the results of a variety of applications including transfer of embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cells into blastocysts and morulae, injection into mammalian oocytes and zygotes, and enucleation/nuclear transfer. The Eppendorf PiezoXpert forms the perfect system with Eppendorf micromanipulators, but it integrates just as easily into non-Eppendorf micromanipulation systems. The Eppendorf PiezoXpert is for research use only.
- Fast and simple sample processing due to intuitive operation
- Reproducible parameter setting
- Program keys to save your experimental parameters
- Trigger impulses with an ergonomic foot control or rotary knobs right on the device
- Optical feedback of triggered impulses
- Additional "Clean" function for simple removal of contamination on the outside of the capillary
- Transfer of embryonic or induced pluripotent stem cells into blastocysts or morulae
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) in mouse, equine, porcine etc.
- Enucleation/nuclear transfer
- Blastomere biopsy from mouse embryos
- Biopsy of equine embryos for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- RNA/DNA injection into fertilized oocytes of mammals